Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Summer Reading...

So here's some of the books that I (Scott) am (will be) reading this summer:

Scripture:
  1. The Book of Acts (ESV, NLT). I have decided to study this book in depth over the summer. I am loving it. I'm noticing things I've never noticed before.
Church Planting:
  1. Planting Missional Churches by Ed Stetzer
  2. Clusters by Mike Breen and Bob Hopkins
  3. The Multiplying Church by Bob Roberts Jr.
  4. The Tangible Kingdom by Hugh Halter and Matt Smay
  5. Organic Church by Neil Cole
  6. Launch: Starting a New Church from Scratch by Nelson Searcy and Kerrick Thomas

Preaching:

  1. Preaching & Teaching with Imagination by Warren W. Wiersbe

Church Fathers: (for my thesis and for fun!)

  1. Origen
  2. Augustine

Fiction: (also for my thesis and for fun!)

  1. Lilith by George MacDonald
  2. The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald
  3. The Princess and Curdie by George MacDonald

No comments: