Our friends, the Millers', came to visit this past week. We had a wonderful time catching up, hanging out, cooking, playing and talking. Duane and Sharon have two kids, Julian (3 1/2 yrs) and Amelia (2 1/2 mos). Scott and I had a blast being Auntie and Uncle! We also had Michael and Stevie's dog, Abby, visiting while they were at the CANA Conference. So it was a full house with 2 kids, 2 dogs and 4 grownups.
It snowed while they were here, so we got to play in the snow and throw snowballs at each other and the dogs. Scott and I also babysat Friday night so that Duane and Sharon could go on a date! It was very fun, because Julian and I made Snickerdoodles, we watched Madagascar and ate pizza together. Scott took care of Amelia while I put Julian to bed, and I got to feed Amelia and change diapers! I offered to let Scott change a few, but he said he wasn't in a rush to try. Duane and Sharon had a fun date, so it was a great night for everyone. Last night, Michael and Stevie came to pick up Abby, so they brought Margarita fixins (Michael makes the best margaritas!), and we had a Hebrew Margarita study party. Sharon and I played Scrabble, Duane watched a movie, Stevie played with Amelia, Julian slept through it all, and Michael, Scott and James studied. It was very fun. Sadly the very fun week had to end. I cooked a big breakfast this morning to send them on their way. It wasn't all sad, because we'll see them in Texas, so we just have to wait a few weeks! Here are a few pictures to give you a taste of the latest adventure!
Poor Callie! She had to watch the excitement from the kitchen. She's bigger than Julian, and loves to say hello by jumping up.

Julian loved watching the old Rudolph and Frosty movies.
Introducing Miss Amelia!


I just loved this picture of Scott and Callie. They seem to be thinking the same thing...
Where's Abby? She blends in with the snow!

Snowball Fight!!!
Callie likes to eat snowballs! She also plays catch with them.
Julian really loved the puppies. He would give them lots of treats, and even take one for himself.
Parents Night Out! Auntie Miriam and Uncle Scott babysit!
Too much fun at the Parkers House! Uncle Scott had to carry Julian to the car!
The girls in their sweaters.
Stevie and Amelia watching a game of Scrabble. Duane and Miriam tied for first place!
No comments:
Post a Comment