Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Miriam!



My birthday began bright and early (we had 2 classes yesterday), but we all know that I can't handle wrapped presents, so we opened them before I went to class!
Chad, Sara and Parker gave me 2 books. One is "A Revelation of Divine Love" by St. Juliana (an english mystic) and another by Margery Kempe who lived the same time as Juliana and even visited Juliana in her anchorage.
Candi and Greg gave me a bracelet with the "Shema" written on it. The Shema is "the backbone of Scripture" (Miriam) and the "primary creedal statement of the Jewish faith" (Michael). It is in Deuteronomy 6: Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One. When Jesus gave the 2 greatest commandments, He not only sumarized the 10 commandments, but reiterated the Shema. Scott even taught me how to say it in Hebrew! Yippee!
Speaking of the great Scott Seely, he gave me a tambourine! Awesome! And he took me out to the Sharp Edge, in Sewickley, to get yummy food and yummy Belgium beer! Now I have a tambourine to play when I'm singing! Plus, when Moses and Miriam sang their song after the Egyptians were drowned in the Red/Reed Sea, Miriam played the tambourine!


Here are pictures from the party at the Sharp Edge!
Christina is wearing my "Designated Driver" button (I got a pic for you, Dad; it's the same one you wore when you drove us on the Texas Wine Tour when PapaDoc was in town). Then Michael is bopping Hannah on her head. He was chivalrously holding her chair out for her to sit in, and she said something like thanks for being in my way, because she didn't realize that Michael was holding the chair out. Of course, I had to state the obvious, so we all laughed and Michael bopped her on the head.



Here I am drinking a Troubadour, and Scott and Michael are posing for the camera!

Here I am with Mary Lu and Martha.

And here is Martha and Stevie!

It was a wonderful birthday and birthday party! Thank you everyone for my gifts, cards, messages and, especially Scott, for my party!




No comments: