Friday, March 28, 2008

An Unexpected Suprise!

Wednesday Morning, Scott and I were at Chapel early because he was helping lead the worship music, when we got a message. My Aunt is very ill, so I thought it might be THE CALL, and I braced myself when I dialed my voicemail. Instead, it was our rector from our church in San Antonio! And he was in Sewickley, a town over, for a search committee meeting. Chuck is on the board at Trinity, and he is also on the search committee for the new dean president. Having thought he would be in meetings the entire time, he hadn't called us previous to his arrival. But when he found out that the meetings would end early, he called us to ask if he could take us out to dinner! What a delightful surprise!
Knowing that he likes Belgian beers, we took him to our favorite restaurant, The Sharp Edge. They have loads of Belgian beers on draft along with many beers in bottles. They also have amazing food! Scott had a Belgian burger (sirloin and lamb mixed), Chuck had the quiche and soup of the day, and I had quesedillas (slightly unusual ones I might add). Very good food, very good drink, and very good fellowship. It was such a blessing to catch up and trade stories about the time that's past. I also reminded him that he should bring his wife, Ellen, with him up to the next board meeting at graduation. I hope he does, because Ellen is a delight! I figured we could go to Pittsburgh while he is in meetings. So we'll see...
We do love visitors! We have two twin beds just waiting for friends to sleep in, as well as a futon for any extra guests. You have small kids? Have no fear, we know people with pack 'n plays, and Scott, being the youngest of three, is a whiz at creating the "special bed." When Julian visited with his parents and sister, he got to sleep in the special bed (out gold over sized slipper chair and ottoman pushed together with bed clothes- perfect toddler bed!). So family, friends, know you're welcome!

No comments: