Thursday, September 25, 2008

Long Time, No Post

Between the start of school, hurricanes in Houston and the general business of life, Scott and I are delinquent on our posting. So sorry. Know that we think of you, our friends and family, often, and we wish we were with you to laugh and have a good time!

Let's see, exciting things in bullet form:
  • Miriam won a set of the New Interpreter's Bible Commentary
  • Scott and his friends bottled their first batch of home brew
  • We're leading music at the ordination of a friend this Saturday (I'll be singing one song in Portuguese- Henrique is from Brazil- so pray that I will be given a special gift of 'tongues' so that I don't butcher his language. Also pray for Henrique and Ivy as Henrique moves into the office of the priesthood).
  • On October 5th we're going to have a pet blessing at the dog park (pray that the Lord will give us the words to usher those into a life giving relationship with Him).
  • My parents survived the hurricane with only some almost flooding, but a lot of leaking.
  • Scott and I give our first sermons for homiletics on October 2nd.
  • Justyn, the dean president of the seminary, will be installed next Wednesday. It should be awesome! Pray for Scott, who gets to play guitar at the installation service. Pray also for those travelling from far and wide (especially our rector, who's on Trinity's board, and Michael Green who is speaking at the installation and the next day).
  • Pray for us in the next two weeks (really all the students); it's a very busy time.

I'll take pictures of the ordination and the installation and post them soon. I'll also try to be more forth-coming with info for the blog. All in all, life is good. We're alive and well.

3 comments:

Sharon M said...

Always nice to get updates on the Seelys! Glad your parents made it through the hurricane OK, and good luck in the upcoming weeks. You guys ARE busy!

Abu Daoud said...

Sounds like life is busy but good! Glad to hear it.

Barb and Tom Kepczyk said...

Hey guys,
The transformsa.com conference was amazing. It was awesome to be united with believers of all denominations under the banner of One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism. Walls came down. There was a supernatural love for people. And His glory was on everyones face. These folks are actually taking church to the streets and doing the thing! One of the speakers clearly thought like the military there were all types of branches but one allegiance and that was Jesus! Check out the web site and catch the pulse of the Lord in S.A.Love you, Barb