Sunday, February 1, 2009

Here We Go Steelers! Here We Go!


Well, it's official; the Steelers are in the Super Bowl, and we are living in the midst of Steelermania. It's cool though, because you can't help but get swept up in the spirit of the city. Black and Gold is everywhere, and all the stores are sold out of black and gold cups, plates, streamers, etc. I did purchase Scott and I Steelers shirts, and I made Callie a Steelers bandana.

You may be wondering, "Why is this even worth it?" Well, to my very limited football knowledge, I'm not sure if the Houston Oilers ever went to the Super Bowl. If they did, I'm not sure I was alive, or at a cognitive state in my development. Scott, on the other hand, grew up during the golden years of the Dallas Cowboys. He's lived in a city with a Super Bowl team. So really, the excitement is more on my part. It's kinda cool how an entire city can rally around something (it's very much like San Antonio and the Spurs).
We are having a party. We've invited our African Family over, so it should be a lot of fun! Our African Family is made up of Daniel, Paul, Sherif and Matt. Daniel lived with us this past summer; Paul lived with the Hoggs, and Sherif lived with the Glors. Now they all live with Matt. He's their "RA" type person. He makes sure they get to the grocery store and everything like that.
We'll be having chips and queso, the Seely Sausage with the Special Sauce, and so that our family feels at home, I made some mandazis (a fried bun eaten with tea). Some of our other friends will be stopping by when they get a chance (a lot of churches are having Super Bowl parties). It should be a lot of fun.

Since I bought tshirts, I wanted to make sure we got a family picture. It is very hard to get a family picture with a dog. Out of our 4-5 shots, we ended up with 1 good one. I hope you enjoy!

I'm not sure if you could tell, but Scott's tshirt is a Super Bowl tshirt, so it has both the Steelers logo and the Cardinals logo. That is my tribute to my family in Arizona- go Cards!
PS- Bobbi and Candi, don't get worried, it was between 40-50 degrees. We weren't cold.

No comments: