Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mission Day

Yesterday (Wednesday) was Mission Day at school. For dinner, everyone got to dress up in ethnic attire. Scott was going to wear his kilt, but instead opted to be a Texan (have y'all seen the headline on Drudge Report?). I wore the saree my friend, Avneet, gave me. I made a saree blouse to match, but did not finish the petticoat in time (I wore a short, black skirt instead).

When Avneet gave me the saree, she showed me how to put it on, but that was in November, so because I am a child of the Digital Generation, I went to you tube for instructions! They were actually very helpful, and Scott even helped me with a safety pin.
As soon as I get a copy of a pic of Scott and I together, I'll post it. We made a funny joke about how us together brought a whole new dimension to "Cowboys and Indians." hehe-- I think it's hysterical, but I'm the one who made it up. Here are the pics!
Above: Sue and Martha wearing east African clothes.
Below: Miriam in her saree.
Showing off her saree blouse-- she made it herself!

The Trinity School for Ministry Obsession-- FOOSBALL!!! Can you see Scott?

No comments: