Scott and I went to visit the
Baids for the 4
th of July. Our first night there,
Avneet's coworker invited us to see a play.
Avneet asked me if I would like to go to see the Indian dance, and since it gave me an excuse to wear my sari, I said yes. Below is a pic of
Avneet and I in our Indian dress. (FYI, I made my sari blouse and petticoat)

The weekend was very relaxing. We spent most of our time hanging out in the backyard and swimming in the pool. Here Callie and Blossom are wondering what
Ajit is doing.

Here is Scott enjoying to pool and sunny weather.


It was
a lot of fun watching the fireworks there because there were so many people. Standing next to us was a family that spoke Russian. Across the way from us was a family wearing traditional Indian dress. It was so fun, because it was the United States in its fullest. Diverse, yet all fellow countrymen. In the United States we can speak whatever language our heritage gives us, and we can wear and eat our traditional ethnic dress and food. It was a wonderful moment of enjoying the blessing of being a US citizen.
We had a great time visiting the Baids, and we can't wait to see them again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment