Today is the last day of orientation. Yesterday was very informative and we learned a lot about resources available to us. I have yet to find our MLA and Turabian, so I'm going to pick a new one up today along with the SBL (documentation for theology) and perhaps BibleWorks (a computer software program). I think Scott will need BibleWorks more than I, but we will definately need the MLA, SBL and maybe even the Turabian (Chicago Style). But that's enough on boring school stuff.
We've met a ton of nice people, and each lunch, we get to hear our classmates give their testimonies. Scott and I will do ours today. The testimonies are only supposed to be 3 mins, so I wrote mine before hand. Scott doesn't think I should read it, but I know myself, if I don't stick to the paper, the testimony will be 15 minutes plus! So we'll see how the Spirit leads today at lunch.
In other exciting news, there is another Miriam! Yeah for my name! She's pregnant. So the Dean of Students got it in her head that I was pregnant too! She introduced us Wednesday at dinner and said, "you're both Miriam's and you're both due in December!" I quickly replied with, "what? come again? I'm not pregnant!" Since the Dean of Students put on the class roster that we were expecting, she made a big public apology yesterday, saying I wasn't pregnant.
All in all, Scott and I are ready for school to begin! We're getting excited and prepared (Scott's already read one book, and I've read all of my intros). I'll let you know Tuesday or Wednesday how our first day went. Callie is a little sad because she has to spend more time in her house, but hopefully she'll get used to it again.
Oh, I forgot to mention, Scott won a hat yesterday because he has the least amount of hair, and I won a coozie yesterday because I new what was on a Primanti Bros. Sandwich. Yeah for trivia!
Well, I should probably get ready to go. I want to find my prayer book because it has the Book of Common Prayer and the Hymnal together so it's easier to flip through. At school they're in separate books along with the bible and the supplemental hymnal. So many books to flip through! I've gotten accustomed to the ease of a projector and lack of books. Oh well, I'll get used to it! Have a great weekend everyone! God Bless You!
No comments:
Post a Comment