It has been entirely too long since out last post, but as always, after Thanksgiving break there is a mad dash towards finals. Callie doesn't like this time of year, because it means that Scott and I will be in the dungeon (aka the basement) where the office is working. Callie does have a bed in there, so she can feel close. But the above picture truly describes her feelings and attitude toward the whole affair.
We had an interesting drive. Nothing to horrendous. There was just an incident with the trunk and my hand that did not turn out too well for a ring I was wearing. We did have to go to the urgent care facility in KY because I couldn't get my ring off and my finger was swelling up around it. Praise God though, my finger was (and is) fine! No breaks, just a very sad looking ring. We arrived to Candi and Greg's house in one piece.
The next day was my sister's graduation from university. Here are some pics of the festive event. She graduated with a Bachelors in Fine Arts, so she had a show as well.
I don't have any pictures of Graduation proper, because my camera is not good enough to get them from so far away. After graduation, we went to the Huitsache (Wee-Satch) Grill. It was the same place we went after my graduation. I had a lovely amberjack, with some delicious vino. Morgan is sitting between Martin (L) and Nathan (R). Scott and I are sitting next to Nathan and across from his parents. We had a great conversation with them.
The next day, Scott and I met my side of the family for breakfast. Then Scott went Christmas shopping, and I hung out with my sis and bro. We picked up Morgan's art work and then went to her house to play with the puppies and catch up.
Dewey is Morgan's newest puppy. He's the offspring of their (Morgan and Nathan's) two other dogs, Lucy (Beagle) and Zane (Aussie Shepherd). That makes Dewey a Baussie Sheagle. hehe. He was a very sweet dog. Martin is pictured holding Lucy. Olivia (Morgan's original dog) did not make it into any photos, nor did Zane.
Morgan and Martin dropped me off at the Jason's Deli so Scott and his parents could pick me up on the way to Austin to get Parker. Candi and Greg were babysitting Parker that night so Chad could take Sara out to dinner. So Candi planned a fun Christmas night courtesy of Schlitterbahn's Hill Country Christmas! Once I get the pics with Santa scanned, I'll put them on the blog too.
It only took Parker a few seconds to recognize her Uncle Scott! Grannie and Gramps are excited to take Parker to the Hill Country Christmas. Tons of lights were everywhere. There was also Santa, Rudolph, a light show and Scrooge. It was very fun, but VERY HOT! It didn't feel too much like Christmas, but a day or so later, the weather began to cooperate.
Miriam bought Scott a light saber, because everyone is still a kid no matter their age!
Grannie and Parker are waiting to see Santa.
Here are some of the Christmas lights. It's so nice to be back in a place where you can blatantly show Christian symbolism. The trees and stars were part of the light show. They changed colors and spun around to music.
The Lit creche was pretty cool. Grannie told all of us the Christmas Story when we looked at the Creche.
Once we returned to the house, we turned on the Christmas tree lights and the North Pole. Here's the North Pole all lit up.
Uncle Scott and Aunt Miriam were still tired from the drive, so we went to bed shortly after we got home. The next day we all went to church. Here we are waiting for Grannie.
Below, I took a picture during the worship. I thought I had turned off the flash, but oops, it didn't turn off. After church, we met Chad and Sara at Chuy's for Sara's birthday lunch. Yummy-- I love Chuy's! I also got to tell the lawyer joke to Chad that I had learned from Nathan's dad on Friday night. It was a fun time.
1 comment:
Love these pics!! Parker is getting so big! Precious. WE NEED TO HANG OUT. ASAP. Miss you, love you, etc!
Post a Comment