Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas Time with Family

So sorry it's been such a long time since we posted. Time in Texas along with a super cold, led to a hiatus from blogging. Here are some pics of opening presents with Scott's side of the family on Christmas day. We also went to Salt Lick, a yummy BBQ restaurant a few days after Christmas for some MUCH NEEDED Texas BBQ. After that we went to Houston to be with my side of the family. At both parents houses Scott played a lot of Wii, and I slept a lot due to my Super Cold.

Here is Parker, our niece. We gave her the fairy dress (she already has wings). She loved it! She insisted upon wearing it as soon as she opened it! She wore it for the next hour while she opened presents. It made me very happy because I'm thrilled that she liked it so much! I hope we get a picture of her wearing it with the wings!

I finally pulled a fast one on Scott. He can be very intimidating to buy presents for because he's such an awesome gift-giver. But I succeeded in making his day! I got him the sword of King Theodin from Lord of the Rings. He loves it and was very surprised. He hadn't even asked for it!

Christmas with my mom includes presents for puppies. Callie was thrilled. She loved all of her toys. She got a quacking duck that she proceeded to annihilate within minutes, and two soft animals that, by the time we left, were beyond repair. She had a wonderful time playing with all of her dog friends at the Seelys and the Malinskis. She and Autumn were inseparable, and she and Boo got on very well during our time in Houston.

I saw this t-shirt 6 months ago and knew I needed to get it for Martin. It says: Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons... For You are Crunchy and Taste Good With Ketchup!
See, on a family outing to the Renaissance Festival 5-6 years ago, the Malinskis ran across a very funny, talented (though sometimes bawdy) musical group called the Brobdingnagian Bards (http://www.thebards.net/). A few of their songs involve dragons and dragons eating certain humans, which is funny. So the shirt made perfect sense.

Here's a couple pics from the Salt Lick outing: Parker with her "Unc-Kah Cott" and a close up. She's at that wonderful age of 3 where the answer to everything is, "No!" and the giggles are endless!


And lastly, Scott's pride and joy, his King Theodin sword (Left) and his William Wallace sword (Right). Coming soon will be his Gladiator sword; we need to order a wall mount for it.



It's cute, when we first got married I would never have dreamed of his swords hanging in our living room! When we moved here, there was only one place for William Wallace (right by the stairs), but last year, our friend Julian figured out how to take it off the wall. He was very taken with Scott's swords and knives-- as any visiting three year old would be-- though he hadn't entirely recognized that they could hurt him either. So, for the next year, William Wallace sat in the corner. And now that Scott has three swords, the best place for them was the living room wall. What made it super sweet was that Scott apologized for having to hang them up in the living room! I love him! How funny what can happen in five years of marriage!
I wonder what will make it into the living room during the next five years?

No comments: