Classes begin next Tuesday, September 8th. We've downloaded our syllabi and ordered our books. Scott is taking Greek Exegesis, Patristics, Thesis and Pastoral Care. I'm taking Mentored Ministry, Patristics, and Biblical Foundations for Mission.
Greek Exegesis is Scott's last language requirement. Once it is completed, he will have completed 3 semesters of Hebrew and 3 semesters of Greek. I took Pastoral Care last year, and the books are the same, so Scott gets to use all of my old books for Pastoral Care. I'm interested to hear what he thinks of the course. Scott has been working on his Thesis all summer, so he'll start the semester in great shape. His rough draft is due in December.
Patristics is a Church History course. It's all about the ancient Church the the Church Fathers (like Origen, Tertullian and Augustine). We're both pretty excited about taking the course.
Mentored Ministry is an internship that I'll be doing at the Uncommon Grounds Cafe in Aliquippa (see the link on the sidebar to check out their website). I've already done the training, so I'll begin the first week of school. Biblical Foundations for Mission looks like it will be a really fun and interesting course. Our main text is the Bible, and the professor recommended that we use a version of the Bible that we don't normally use and one that does not have previous markings in it, so we can read it with a new freshness. I normally read the ESV (English Standard Version) and my Bible is pretty marked up (and the binding is separating), so I purchased a NASB (New American Standard Bible) with wide margins for notes.
This should be a pretty full semester because each week we have papers due, but it will be a fun semester because we're excited about what we are going to be learning.
Please pray for good health and a peaceful semester!
No comments:
Post a Comment