Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fun Date at the Pittsburgh Zoo

This week has been Reading Week, meaning No Classes and time to catch up. Scott is very good at reading week and can get alot of things accomplished. I, on the otherhand, am not as good. I did a lot of things, but I only got one thing accomplished. It's ok though, because I've figured out that my learning style is more like "percalating." A lot of things go on in my head, but don't make it to the paper until the due date is upon me. HEHE, mental coffee.
We also wanted to do fun things this week, so we had two special dates. One date was to a chinese resturant for dinner, and the other date was to the Pittsburgh Zoo to see the baby elephants! I wanted to see them before they grew up!
Two elephants were born in July at the Pittsburgh Zoo. Both are females sired by the same dad but had different moms. Did you know that gestation for an elephant is 22 months! CRAZY!!!!


This is a cute picture of Scott on the escalator down to the car.

This is a baby siberian tiger. She was very funny and very cute. She reminded us alot of Callie. I think they would be good friends.
The polar bear seemed sad and alone. We were sad for the bear, and wanted to give it a hug,
but it would probably eat us.

Happy Feet in real life! Penguins are so fun to watch!

Eat your heart out, Ariel! The Aquarium was awesome, with lots of cool creatures!

I thought the giraffes were on a date too! Dates are wonderful things!
Yeah for baby elephants!!!!
They wanted so badly to play together, but they were seperated. They were so cute!

It was a great day at the zoo! The weather was better than perfect, and we hand an amazing time! We also had special lunch: Ham and Swiss Kolaches from Kolache Cafe in Beaver!
Yum, we miss Kolaches from Texas. The only place to get them is in Beaver. I was there that morning to talk about a ministry opprotunity, and I got them as a special treat!

Monday, classes begin again, and there's a haul until Thanksgiving Break.
Time to get crackin' on some studies! God's Peace and Love!








1 comment:

Barb and Tom Kepczyk said...

Hey, to see your guys enjoying yourselves! We'll pray for strength and grace as you make the big push before Thanksgiving. Love you guys, The Kepczyk Clan