
Our reading week has officially begun. I have about six papers to write this week, most of which are sermons; however, most of the reading I will be doing is just for fun, or for my self-interest. I have been reading lately Song of Solomon in the Bible. To go further into the text itself, I am using Joseph C. Dillow's book, Solomon on Sex. It is fantastic and was recommended by my pastor when I was growing up in Dallas/Ft. Worth. In addition, I have been reading the book of Jonah. I love this book a great deal; I think it is one of the best in the OT. It has a huge emphasis on Israel's mission of being the light of the nations. Furthermore, I have been reading Christopher Paolini's, Brisingr. I hope to finish that pretty soon and get around to George MacDonald's, The Princess and the Goblin. Reading week, however, will not be entirely work. Miriam and I plan on going to the zoo to see a baby elephant, and we plan to visit some local vineyards around the Pittsburgh area. We also will spend some time with friends. I have football practice for TSM's team, the Kneeler's. The leaves are changing colors quickly, so Miriam and I will more than likely take advantage of an afternoon drive one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment